The MBSE Methodology with SysML 1.6
SYSMOD is an MBSE toolbox for pragmatic modeling of systems. It is well-suited for use with SysML. This book offers a set of methods with roles, inputs, and outputs, concrete modeling guidances, and examples showing how the methods can be applied with SysML.
- Requirements modeling, System Context, Use Cases
- Functional, Logical and Product Architectures
- Modeling guidances on how to create a SysML model
- Full-fledged SysML example
- Best Practices
- Complete definition of a profile for SYSMOD
- Adoption of MBSE in an Organization
- SysML v1.6 in a Nutshell
SYSMOD is the abbreviation for Systems Modeling Toolbox and a model-based systems engineering (MBSE) methodology with a strong focus on the individual methods. The modeling language and tools come second. Processes in SYSMOD are guidelines and no strict rules. It is more important to master the craftsmanship than to follow a process.
SYSMOD works perfectly together with the OMG Systems Modeling Language (OMG SysML). SysML is a general-purpose modeling language for systems engineering and a worldwide standard. It is not mandatory to do SYSMOD with SysML.